Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Flagler Beach, Fl. Day 10

Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area
Sunday and Monday March 15, 16th
Our campsite here
I think he's getting the hang of vacationing, although once in awhile he'll say he feels lazy
 and should be doing something. 
This is across from our site
View from the above deck
Finally "Bare feet in the sand"
These flowers were growing all over the place. 
It was great soaking in the sun, walking on the beach, picking up shells, watching
the dolphins jumping and the pelicans soaring over the ocean. 

There was a nice bike path/side walk, for miles along the road beside the ocean. 
 We rode on it for about 6 miles. 

One of the highlights of our stay here was observing the launching of the space shuttle. 
We took a video of it and I was hoping I could show it on here but for some reason
I'm having a problem uploading videos on here. 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Holy Cow! Talk about Beach Front vacationing! That's great! How cool to camp beside the ocean and fall asleep to the waves!
Tell Dad that "Sometimes it's ok to be bored....." I used to LOVE hearing that when I was a kid....or not.

shari said...

How come I never heard "its ok to be bored..."???
Nice pics of the campsite. It was about 60 here today but still waiting anxious for the sun and heat... the beach looks pretty good...

Cheri said...

Oh to hear the sound of the waves and put my feet in warm sand!