Thursday, October 9, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY OCT 4

It's been almost a week since my birthday. Larry and I left home that morning (Saturday the 4th) and drove to Utica, NY where we watched our grand daughter Kenzie's Cheerleading competition (her first one). Her squad did very well (each one got a trophy) , they were all so cute. Some were only 5 and 6 yrs old. She was in the middle group, 7 - 9.

Getting ready to do their dance/cheering routine. Kenzie is the 3rd one from the left.)

After the competition Sue, Shari, Kenzi, Larry and I went to Wendy's for lunch, where Shari gave me some very nice birthday gifts. Shari had to go home after lunch so we continued on to Sue's house where we hung out the rest of the day. Sue prepared a delicious ham dinner and had baked me a birthday cake. We played games in the evening, Steve and Scott both called me while I was there to wish me a Happy Birthday and I also got to talk to Abby. (It was her bday too.


(Kenzie and Friend at the football game)

Sunday Kenzie's Cheerleading Squad cheered at their teams football game. It was a beautiful day. It surprised me how good they were for their ages. After lunch we headed home, stopping at several places along the way.

1 comment:

Sue said...

GO LAKERS!!!