Wednesday, October 29, 2008

GRANDCHILDREN

THEY ARE ALL TREASURE'S FROM GOD
Jeremy, Sharah, Stephanie, Abigail, Misti, Darcy, Megan, Jessica, Mackenzie, Katherine, Samuel
(Note: Grandsons at each end)
Sometimes I'm over-whelmed with emotion
when I see them, hear from them, or think about them.
Their birthday cards, phone calls, little notes, just stopping by, their vacation visits, I love it all.
I'm going to show you just a couple of very meanful things that two of them wrote and gave to me. The booklet that Megan made ten years ago, I have saved in a plastic ziploc bag with
the note; "One of my most valued possessions"

This first note is from Mackenzie, age 7 (Mack and sometimes Kenzie) wrote when she and Jessie were here for a week this past June. (Kenzie turned 8 in August)


Thank you Mackenzie....I love it!!!

This little booklet Megan made when she was 10 years old while Jessie and her were staying here for a weeks vacation. Megan is now 19 (as of Nov. 7th) and in her second yr of college.
One of the pages.
(The booklet is 5 1/2 in by 3 1/2 inches)

Now I just have to list the 30 reasons, (Remember this is seen through the eyes of a ten year old)

1. You are always helping people 2. You are the most creative person I know, 3. You are loving, caring, kind. 4. You are one of the many people that E-mails back. 5. You are always busy helping, 6. You never ignore people. 7. You always have time to listen. 8. You listen well. 9.You always have crafts, which I like. 10. You have lots of animals. 11. You always know what's going on. 12. You are always calm. 13. You always have food. 14. You always have time to help. 15. You are always calm. 16. You have time for everything, even if you really don't, it seems like you do. 17. You are allways patient. 18. You are Young (even if you don't think you are!!!). 19. You have a sense of humor. 20. You always have ice cream. 21. You are always up to date. 22. You can always brighten up someone's day. 23. You are a GREAT cook. 24. When you come into a dull room, you always brighten it up. 25. You always have something for me to do. 26. You have great crafts, writing, love and much more skills. 28. You are always nice. 29.You never yell. 30. To tie things up, You are a GREAT grandma !

Can you believe that? "It made my Day and The Rest of My Life"

Thank you Megan

I have a huge file of the Gkids drawings, newspaper clippings, writings, home made cards, announcements, graduation invitations, events in their lives etcetcetc. You just might see some of this on one of my future posts. At one time they had a club, called the CCC Club. They even had a newspaper they put out once a month. More on that later.

3 comments:

Sue said...

To quote an old adage.... "Out of the mouth's of babes......"

Unknown said...

A grandma all would love to have! Amen to the 30 things!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! I'd love to see the rest of the notes and books in your collection! :]