Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crystal Cathedral

APRIL 3

We had wanted to visit the C. C. if we got to California again. So when we were making plans for our trip, we included it our itinerary. To make a long story short, I had done some Kested research and met a Kested in Johnstown, NY that I had never met or known about. In the process of exchanging genealogy information with him, he sent it on to his sister in California. She wrote to me and thanked me for the research and information that I'd done on the Kested's. She told me she was living in California and that she gave tours of the Crystal Cathedral. I told her we were going to be in CA, so she said she'd give us a tour. We happened to be there the day she was giving the tour so we joined the tour group. Afterwards we spent a good hour getting to know my (3rd cousin). She even had a gift for me. We also got to meet her son.








Donna
Me in the back seat











Donna's favorite statue, I think I liked it best too


Me and Donna in the Welcome Center. Hopefully sometime when Donna goes to NY she'll have time to visit at our home.
(P.S. I'm still having difficulty uploading my blog, that's why I'm so far behind. It's very slow today)




No comments: