Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cortez to Grand Canyon

March 22
We drove 305 miles this day and the scene continually changed.
We were driving through an Indian reservation. 
There were unusual rock structures, eroded sand, miles of flat
land with nothing but scrub bushes and an occasional old trailer
 with broken down cars scattered about, then a small group
of Indian Homes

                           
These were called Elephant Feet

    We stopped at a small roadside stand, where this man and his
wife were selling their wares.  He was carving out of stone and
 she was making jewelry.  He told us he'd been to Salamanca, NY
 and Syracuse. I asked him if I could take his picture. He said,
after you buy something, I told him then I'd charge him
for the picture.  He laughed and let me take it. 




THE GRAND CANYON
This is a must see for everyone
I don't like heights so this was scary for me to look down
in the canyon.  I kinda stood back in some places. Larry
took the pictures.  It's amazing, if you don't see it in person, 
 you can't imagine the beauty and how awesome it is.  

I did take this one but notice how far away from the edge I was !
Wish these pictures could be in 3D so you could see how deep and
beautiful it really is. Well, make plans to visit it, you won't be sorry

Hopefully we'll reach California tomorrow. Larry wants to visit a
man who collects and restores Hudsons.  On Saturday we'll meet
a Kested relative that I've never met.  She gives tours of Crystal
Cathedral, so will give us a personal tour. Then on to visit the
Crannell's, Moulton's and our granddaugther Stephanie. 

3 comments:

Sue said...

That's incredible! What neat pictures! So jealous of your cross country trek!

shari said...

What do you say, Suzi? Shall we make them take us next time!? Looks great!

Cheri said...

I've been to the Grand Canyon...and remember it's beauty. If I go back again...I want to do a raft trip!