Thursday, September 18, 2008

MY LITTLE WALK CONTINUED

Come with me as I take my little walk. I started at the front of the cabin. These aren't all in order but most are. There was a lot I missed along the way, but you can get an idea of what was on my walk. Next time I will show you around the pond.

CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM
















My Chicken Coop
Guest House
Someday I'm going to feature this on my blog






















One of Larry's antique cars, a Hudson Terraplane












The barn we built for Sharah's horse "Wolfie"



























Do you remember the song, "There's a Lonely Little Petunia"? This is my lonely and only squash in my garden. The snow will fall before it gets big enough to harvest.









My one and only sun flower

Many warm fires, 'smores, laughs, good discussions around the stones. There are 11 stones, each one represents one of our grandkids.
One of the many white birch trees on our property

The pond has a long history. In 1945 when my parents bought the farm there was a little mucky pond where I use to catch minnows, frogs, lizards, and pollywogs. When the state decided to build a new route 30 on the old FJ &G railroad bed, they asked my father if they could buy some dirt/fill for the roadbed. My father was wise and told them yes, but take it all in one area, which resulted in the building of our 2 1/2 acres pond that we enjoy today. We've always called it Crannell Pond, so when we decided to officially name it a few years ago...nothing else fit, so it's still Crannell Pond.
SORRY ABOUT THE DISCOMBOBULATED DISPLAY OF PICTURES. I HAD A TERRIBLE TIME TRYING TO MAKE THE PICTURES IN ORDER. I KEPT DELETING THEM ACCIDENT LY...SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG. I ENDED UP JUST PUTTING THEM IN A ROW. I MAY HAVE TO GO BACK AND REDO THIS WHOLE THING

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Your property is so lovely!