Monday, September 8, 2008

BLUE MT LAKE MUSEUM RUSTIC FAIR

One of my most favorite places to visit !!!

"Organic, Natural, Contemporary, Creations from the Wilderness"

Each years the ADK Blue Mt. Lake Museum hosts the top of the line artisans for a two day weekend. We planned on attending on Saturday, but we had the outskirt rains of hurricane Hanna, so we waited and went Sunday, which was a beautiful sunny Adirondack day. The leaves are just beginning to turn in spots so we had that added beauty to behold.

Some ADK chairs beside the little pond.....we could sit here for a rest and also hear live music in the background. Fiddles, mandolines, guitars and other country instruments.

Isn't this a beautiful hanging lamp? I fell in love with it. It would look soooooooo heavenly over my table in the cabin. Not sure I can justify the cost of it though. It is handpainted and they will custom make one with the scenes/pictures of your choice. I could have our cabin and scenes on our property painted on it.



I want one of these in my garden

This is too much for me....but is another example of the talent of the artisans

I could use a few of these lampshades. The workmenship is superior. I'd love to learn how to make them. Here's the website for them http://www.northeastlivinglights.com/


Larry bought me this pin at the museum store. A nice memento of the day and also of our kayaking together. I usually always buy something at this fair, something for the cabin that I wouldn't ordinarily just go out and buy. (I save my historian money for this splurghing) This year I didn't buy anything...hmmmmm. maybe I should buy that hanging lamp What do you think?

6 comments:

Sue said...

GET THE LAMP!!!!!!

-- Steve said...

Christmas list going out a little early this year!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you want to get that lamp for me for Christmas, I won't object !!!!!

Cheri said...

love it! How generous of you Steve!

Cheri said...

Glad you got a nice day on Sunday! Looks like the weather was perfect.

Shelley said...

I love the lighting- that would look good in my log cabin!