Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Garage Sale Find

My daughter Sue mentioned that if I ever saw a buffet in a garage sale that she'd like to have one if the price was right. Old Eagle Eye Garage Sale Expert" spied the one below and the price was right...only $10.00. I couldn't pass it up, but then Sue said she wasn't quite ready for one. I didn't think I needed it, so was going to take it to the local Red Barn and put it on consignment.

Then on second thought , "maybe I could use it for my tablecloths, placemats etc." I started stripping it. It had been lacquered, so it didn't take much to scrape that finish off.

It isn't really "my style". I'd love to be able to replace the drawers and "twig" them. Don't know if that is possible.

Here it is mostly stripped...legs aren't done yet



I love this basket that I bought about a week before I bought this buffet. It was an old basket that contained furs from New York City. It goes perfectly on this buffet.

Guess I'll keep the buffet for awhile anyway, it's great storage and maybe I can get some one to put new drawers or drawer fronts on it. What do you think?





1 comment:

Shelley said...

Love what you did with this!