Tuesday, July 7, 2009

FOURTH OF JULY

Every year since I can remember Northville has had
"The Doins" and a Parade.
Our kids and most of the grandkids have grown up
and don't always come back for the celebration.

Rory, Larry, Joel, Bill, Donna, Lori, Becky with baby Landen

and Heather. Missing: BJ, Paul, Matthew, Jeremiah and me.


July 4th 1993

Note that we are standing in the same place as always.

My sister, BJ (Grandma) and Jeremiah Johnson

Matthew Johnson

After the parade, we met Ruth and Bruce Hollenbeck and

their daughter, husband and 5 kids. They had plans to stay for the fireworks,

so we invited them over for supper.

They picked up some barbequed chicken and we had hot

dogs, salad etc to share. At about 9 o'clock

We all went up to the cemetery (our tradition) and

watched the fireworks.

Missed my kids and grandkids!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Oh Grandma, I wanted to be there sooooo bad!!!! Next year i hope!!!! I thought about it all weekend... i didn't even get to see any fireworks this year :(... P.S. did you see on my mom's blog I have a boyfriend!!!!

Megan said...

The 4th of July picture from '93 is classic! Too funny.

Cheri said...

I remember that 4th in 1993 like it was yesterday!