Monday, February 16, 2009

GRANDKIDS WINTER VACATION (Part 3)

THE THIRD FLOOR LOFT
Years ago when our oldest grandkids visited the cabin we built a 3rd floor loft for them to play in. Over the years they've played games, dolls, spied on the adults, and slept up there. Each one has many stories to tell about the loft. This week is Katie's first time in the loft. She is still pretty young but we watch her carefully and she knows not to come down by herself. Many of their friends and second cousins have also enjoyed the loft. Hey, If any of you guys read this, how about writing a memory. (Nate, Danae and Cara, what are your memories? )

3 comments:

Cheri said...

It would be just like our kids (esp. Nate) to want to sleep up there when we visit this summer!

Cara said...

Haha!!! Yea!!! I remember getting to sleep up there, it was always a treat!!! I remember playing up there with dolls and barbies too...and looking out the hearts at everyone downstairs...and don't touch the pink stuff (insulation) it'll make you itch :) Can't wait for this summer...i'm crawling out of my skin with excitement!!!!

Nate said...

haha, I remember it being A LOT messier up there when we were there. I think it was used for storage mostly back then, and you had to be careful of the occasional cat droppings, but I never cared, it was SOO much fun up there. My favorite part was peeking out the three heart holes and looking ALL the way down to the first floor. And like Cara said, we had to be careful not to touch the "pink stuff" so that we wouldn't get itchy! I also remember it was hard to get up there for a while. There wasn't that nice permanent ladder before! I can't wait to see it again all finished!