Sunday, November 16, 2008

NORTHVILLE GIRL'S ANNUAL REUNION

This year was the 55th annual Northville Girl's Reunion

It's neat to see former students that you haven't seen in awhile and also meet some of the younger ones. More older ones attend than the younger crowd. It's usually a nice banquet, but not set up too good for mixing. We received a numbered ticket when we arrived, which was later drawn for the prizes. This year the prizes were home made pies, cookies, fudge, bread, custard, and some other goodies. They were made by the committee. My number was drawn when most everything was picked, but I got a huge dish of raisin custard (which I love) and the nice big dish was included.
Here was the menu
Buffet Luncheon: Roasted Chicken, Baked Ziti, Red Potatoes, Vegetable, Mixed Green Salad, French Bread, Dessert – Coffee, Tea and soda are included

Entertainment
Hilarious and gracious – Shea Lauria, as hostess, 50/50 raffle and delicious prizes!!
I grew up with Shea ( she was Mary Lou back then) We lived in the same neighborhood, played hopscotch, rolling poley, softball, dolls, , and many little clubs.
Here is the table of prizes. I don't think they were all there yet when I took this picture.

There were only 3 of us from my class there. This is Nancy and Marilyn from my class

The lady in the purple sweater is the wife of the principal when I was in school

The banquet was over around 2 p.m. I had to get home to a prepare supper for guest. A couple and their girls. (6th grader and 9th grader). I made my famous speghetti sauce, salad, garlic bread and apple crisp for dessert. We had such a good time that I forgot to take pictures. I was so mad at myself. They brought me roses so I did take a picture of them after they left.



I need to rearrange them

1 comment:

Cheri said...

That's awesome that you get to see people you grew up with. I have only seen one of my friends from my childhood -- and that was in July. Your dinner sounds yummy.....and why don't I have the recipe for your famous spaghetti sauce?