Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sharing Local History

It's so easy to talk about something you love.

Prior to sharing with them, there was a nice
luncheon at BCON or Pink Chicken, as the
youth group calls it. 

As town and village historian the Sr. Citizens group
in Northville invited me to talk about local history.
I showed many slides of old Northville and gave
an outline beginning with the settlement of Fish House
in 1762. After the Rev. War, in 1788,  Samuel Olmstead
arrived by canoe up the Sacandaga River where he
built a small shack along the riverbank, then exploring
the area that is now Northville, he sent for his family.
That was the beginning of our village of Northville.


They've asked me to come back and share more
history with them.  There are so many areas of
local  history, I'm sure I could teach a semester
of classes on it.

1 comment:

shari said...

Great job, Mom!