Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sacandaga Book Discussion

At the Northville Library
We've been meeting since September. A group
of ladies from our town who are interested
in reading selected books and discussing them.

Not everyone is there every months so we average
about 10 each time. We chose the books, and the
librarian orders them from other libraries so that we
all have a copy.  We have very lively interesting discussions.


The latest book we did was a couple short stories by Falkener
"Rose" and "Spotted Horses"

We've also read, "Water for Elephants"
"Guersey Literary and Sweet Potato Pie"
"Mohawk" and "Great Gatsby". Coming
up next month is "Adirondack Portraits"
which I've already read.  I'm sorry that
I won't be there for the discussion.


A real treat for me is that an old high school
friend is in the group so afterwards her
and I go out for lunch. Marge and I graduated
in the same H.S. class.  She was dating a guy from
our class and so was I.  We use to double date with
them.  Both couples eventually married.

No comments: