Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday Morning Antique Show

Larry and I went to the Mayfield Historical Society Annual Antiques Show this morning. Not only do they have a good variety of neat antiques and treasures, but we see lots of our friends, neighbors and town folks there. I found a few "treasures" as did a couple of my friends that I saw there. Below is my favorite. It's a log cabin incense burner (an old one) I have one that's maybe 1o yrs old but it doesn't compare to this one. It's 4 1/2 inches long, 3 1/2 inches wide and 3 1/2 inches high.





I couldn't pass this up. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it brought back memories of the farm I grew up on and all those baby chicks that arrived in the Spring. It's been tole painted..paid too much for it, but I wanted it. Got any suggestion of how I can use it in my decore?



The library had lots of "free" books but kindly suggested a donation. These caught my eye. Two of our grandkids are coming for a visit next week, so thought the craft book might be something they'd like. I always have a project for them to do while they are here.

3 comments:

-- Steve said...

arrange creamers in the chick feeder and put Shari's name on the bottom

Cheri said...

um, no Steve....I get the chick feeder!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.