Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN ( I hope )

For those who don't know my husband, he is an incurable "Hudson Car" collector, and restorer. Right how he has 4 of them liscenced and running and a number in the wings ready to restore. ('36 Hudson Terraplane, a '47 Hudson truck, '49 Hudson, and a '52 Hudson)

Here are some of them. http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/unclejoshshudsons.msnw

Right now he is working on this 1940 Hudson Coupe. The reason I titled this "Miracles Do Happen", is that he is restoring this as I speak/write. I took these pictures today. Now the miracle will be.....we are driving it to Boston to the Annual National Hudson Meet in July of this year. Like that's .... in about 3 1/2 months. (He does all the work himself) I know he'll have it purring like a kitten by then, but not so sure about all the upholstery, painting, etc. As long as it runs he'll probably drive it, even if I have to sit on the floor (hehehe). He loves this hobby and gets excited over every little part that he gets cleaned up, repaired, or whatever that he does.

By the way, this Hudson is suppose to be mine.

Any suggestions on what color to paint it. As of now it's going to be black,
with white walls and of course lots of chrome that Hudson's are noted for.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y
to Larry!!! (aka Dad)