Friday, January 25, 2008

CRAMER NEWS

HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE CRAMER'S

Reporter: Mom/Grandma

Jessie emailed me, "Hi grandma!, well winter lacrosse is doing well we won 4 games out of 6 or 8 and the first 3 games I scored a goal. I've had a few minor injuries with that, but now we are going to sectionals. I'll send you a team picture of last year a.s.a.p. I think our spring season starts in March. I am officially 1 less, I got my last H.P.V shot yesterday

I'm on the school dance team, and we dance at the home girls and boys basketball games. We have learned 2 new dances this year.

Tennis this year was good but we didn't do so well at matches, but the season was a lot of fun. I have a picture of that if you want it.

*********

There's a new Kested website. Steve is putting the Kested book information and pictures on a website. It is under construction right now. He’s doing a good job with it. http://kestedfamilywebsite.googlepages.com/

*********

Dad/Gpa has been very sick with bronchitis and complications of a "bug". He's feeling much better, but still quite weak. It seems so odd to have him sitting around so much, so unlike him.

*********

As you know, Stephanie works and lives in Germany. Her latest project is in New York City. She has designed a high rise building for the company she works for. She is traveling between NY and Germany every couple of weeks. http://archrecord.construction.com/news/daily/archives/080117brooklyn.asp0117brooklyn.asp
http://www.e-architect.co.uk/new%20york/jpgs/brooklyn_arts_tower_behnisch140108_studiomda1.jpgts_tower_behnisch140108_studiomda1.jpg

Here is Stephanie's blog, which she doesn't update very often, maybe this will inspire her to do so. http://www.entropybygrace.blogspot.com/

**********

Abby: Hey Grandma,So, here's the story about Hawaii. For the past year I've worked as a research assistant for the planetary geologist in our department. Every year he gets a certain number of days for observation at the NASA IRTF (Infared Telescope Facility) on Mauna Kea on the big island of Hawaii. He just accepted a job at NASA headquarters in Washington D.C and won't be able to go to the observatory. So, the grant money that pays for the trip would be wasted if someone didn't go and he offered me the trip as a sort of "bonus" for the semester. The observation nights are March 20, 21 and 22. Luckily, these days fall during my spring break so I won't be missing any classes. I'll be staying at the NASA basecamp facility located at about 9,000 ft above sea level. We'll be transported up to the summit (14,000 ft) every evening for our midnight to 6 am observation times. I'm hoping to get out to Hawaii a few days early to explore the big island and get acclimated to the high altitude.Here's the NASA website for the telescope I'll be working with:http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/

That's it for now folks....I'll be calling or emailing the rest of you about what's going on in "your life". Please send me bits and pieces of family news, or I may have to make up some stuff about you. Mom/Gma

No comments: