Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's your 10 - 4?

Remember when CB radio was popular? My father in law "Witch Hopple" was on the air everyday. He had so much enjoyment out of it. I think it was his "computer" of the day, as my computer is to me now. He gave my mother in law the CB handle "Witch-Hazel", but she wouldn't talk to "that thing".

At one time he was having a great time disguised as "the little ole lady". No one knew who "she" was for a long time. They thought she was a real person. Email, texting and IM has replaced the CB although I think the truckers still use it. My husband and I had a CB also. I was Cinnamon Stick and he was Uncle Josh.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

CBs were still popular when I was a teenager, but I can't think of the last time I even saw one in anyone's vehicle. I guess now that everyone has cell phones, people just use those... I do know someone who is a HAM radio fanatic - I think ham radio is still used quite a bit, especially since that type of communication doesn't go down in an emergency or power outage... Fun post!

Cedar ... said...

Cheyenne Lady here,.... because I had a beautiful turquoise and white Chevy Cheyenne pickup! ... way back in the 70s....

Anonymous said...

wow,
That jogged my memory.It seems like so long ago, that they were in use,yet in all reality,it was just a few years back.I remember my folks had one in our family RV,what fun we had as teens using it.It was our modern day my space or our way of texting.Over and out good buddy.

Sue said...

Hey I remember being "Baby Face" and talking on Grandpa's CB to the truckers when I was little. He'd talk and talk on that thing. I can see him sitting there at the end of the table in the kitchen in his dress shirt (cause when he "came out of the woods" he'd dress nice)