Saturday, July 26, 2008

TOURING BOSTON

FRIDAY MORNING

4 bus loads of us went to Boston for the day. There were trolley cars that drove you around the city, giving you an over view of the city. There were about 18 different places that you could get off and tour that area and then get back on the next trolley. We only got off once too see "Old Ironside". The tour was 2 hrs. long which gave us a good overview. The trolley driver gave us a running spiel on what we were seeing and the history. After the tour we went to Quincy Market and had lunch. Lots of shopping for about anything you could ever want. (But I didn't see any ADK rustic stuff )


Some of our friends on the trolley that we were boarding


"Old Ironside"


Me under the arbor at Christopher Columbus Park

I took the next couple of pictures from the trolley car. I sat at an open window which was not only cool but gave me a nicer view and easy to take pictures.


The Charles River


Some Hudson folks along the tour route that had to wait for the next trolley

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Boston looks lovely! It's on my list to visit one day.

Anonymous said...

Wow,Gail,this was the 1st time I ever read a blog.You did a wonderful job with it.There are so many beautiful photo's.You're certainly family orientated.I loved reading all your comments it was as if you're at the wellness center talking with me. Thanks for sharing, and I enjoyed meeting your family members.See you soon.Peace --Joyce Smith

Cheri said...

Kirk and I went to Boston Market before we had our kids....I remember absolutely loving it! Boston is a great place to visit.

Ken M said...

Hi
Just thought I'd leave you a quick note. I live in Binghamton, NY and used to live with my father in Endwell. Just stumbled upon your site here. My wife, son and I just happened to have been in Boston the day before you (we had been there since that Sunday and were supposed to be there until Saturday but had to leave early due to a death in the family).

Anyway, we loved Boston. Lots to see and do and everyone we met was so warm and nice. I was truly surprised at that. People went out of their way to say hello, chat with us, help us find our way. We had several people see us looking at maps and come over to help us out.

Driving in and out of the City was kind of a pain, but we really enjoyed the area.