Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Visiting Friends in Rochester, Mn.

Here is Dietzman's little Yorkie, Gabby, barking up a crabapple tree in their front yard. She will sit there for literally hrs waiting for the squirrel to come down. Gabby has also been known to climb up onto a branch of the apple tree out back to get at a birds nest.

We left NY early Saturday morning, Oct 20th...the weather was great and even though I was nursing a bum knee, the trip was very enjoyable. I did a lot of reading in the back of the car where I could stretch out. We drove 625 miles on Saturday....with stops along the way, we arrived in Angola, Indiana in 12 1/2 hrs. We traveled 9 hrs on Sunday, arriving at Dietzman's about 5:30 p.m.

We watched the Red Sox at the Motel and the Sunday night game while here. Nice going Red Sox (sorry Chris)

We've talked practically non stop, tweeked her Art Room, went shopping, reminicesed and tomorrow we are going to Winona, Mn to Winona State College to visit Danae. Shipway's had given us the address of their house when they lived here in Rochester back in the 60's/70's. We drove over to the South East side of Rochester and located it.

Cheri has helped me set up this blog, so I'm learning. I forgot to bring my camera so will have to use Cheri's if I add more pictures from Mn.


1 comment:

Cheri said...

I'm so glad you are here visiting! I'm having a wonderful time!